About the PRC
Wednesday, 08 December 2010 03:38
As Australia's only independent non-profit research and development organisation with an exclusive focus on parenting, we are dedicated to gathering scientific knowledge of effective parenting and developing practical programs to help parents raise happy healthy children.
We believe that parenting is the single most important influence on a child’s health and wellbeing and that the most effective way to ensure better outcomes for children is to work with parents.
The Parenting Research Centre is dedicated to supporting parents. We believe that the most effective way to support parents is through developing resources, programs and policies based on scientific evidence.
The Parenting Research Centre is committed to:
- seeking and sharing scientific knowledge of effective parenting
- developing research-based, non-judgemental solutions to contemporary parenting challenges
- providing leadership on parenting issues for policy makers, professionals and the community.
To read more about our work visit our pages:
- Creating Knowledge: research projects
- Sharing Knowledge: knowledge exchange and implementation programs for parenting professionals and agencies, and evidence-based parenting programs
- Our Research Papers: published papers in academic journals.
Annual Report 2011-12
Are you a parent?
Read more about our programs and how they can help you